Takis Foundation – Research Center for the art & the sciences
Ever since, the Takis Foundation has been the birthplace of Takis’ research and art.
The main premises of the Foundation include the museum, “theater”, gardens, and the atelier of the artist, all of which are adorned by distinctive works of his entire artistic career, along with pieces created by friends, both foreign and Greek artists.
- To research, cultivate and develop the arts and sciences. To strive for cooperation in the fields of art and science, through mutual pursuits and expressions amongst people serving in these fields, by setting up meetings for them on the institution’s premises, as well as by organizing and conducting training programs and seminars inside and outside the Foundation, both in Greece and abroad. Schools, educational institutions and artistic organizations of all kinds can visit the Takis Foundation.
- To create and provide museum material, as well as the publication and distribution of educational material related to art.
- To promote and disseminate Greek art and science through the organization of exhibitions, meetings, seminars and other events in venues of other foundations and entities in Greece, but also in Europe and in America.
- To grant scholarships to young artists, self-taught or not.
- To provide restorations for Takis’ past projects, and to issue certificates of authenticity for the artist’s works of art.
Board of Directors
- Founder & President – Takis (Panagiotis Vassilakis)
- Vice President – Penelope Sideri
- Secretary – George Nakoudis
- Member – Bookie Giannopoulou
- General Director – George Nakoudis
- Head of Educational Programs – Penelope Sideri
- Director of Public Affairs – Menia Kouli
- Development Manager – Alexandros Antonopoulos
- Creative Director – Fay Zervou
- Conservator – Petros Rapousis
- Accountant – Vassilis Papakonstantinou
- Legal Counsel – Maria Tsiakou